Sunday, June 6, 2010

Amazon.com and beyond . . .

This will be a short, to-the-point post, as it's been a long week of graduations, track meets, band concerts, grad parties, house cleaning, mowing in the rain and publication . . . What? Really??? Oh yes, somehow I managed not only to layout the interior of my first book, help design and decide on a cover and submit everything to Lightning Source, but it showed up in a few prominent places the very week I had a gazillion things to do. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com for awhile before I even found out. Wherever Lightning Source's or Amazon's web sites said it would take 7-10 days for information to show up, in reality it only took about three.

I've added the Search Inside the Book feature to Amazon's U.S. site and the same should be up on the U.K. site within the week. There is a box of review copies here waiting to be shipped off to remote parts of the world when I get a moment to breathe.

I'll have much, much more to say about the process of self-publishing in the next couple of weeks, but for now, here are some places where you can find The Crown in the Heather, The Bruce Trilogy: Book I:

1). Amazon.com

2) Amazon.co.uk

3) Barnes and Noble

BTW, Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com seem to be having a price war. They've dropped the cover price from the list of $13.99 to $10.07 (28% off). Since I've set the discount through Lightning Source at 20%, this means they're actually selling it below what it costs them to buy it. I'm not sure how long that price will last, but it sure is nice of them - the author still gets paid the same no matter what and the buyers get to keep a few bucks to themselves. It's a win-win situation.

Many thanks to Daphne over at Tanzanite's Shelf and Stuff for mentioning CITH on her Weekly Wishlist for June 4th, 2010. If you like historical fiction and haven't yet visited her blog, do! I don't know how much time she spends keeping track of new releases, but it's a treasure chest for HF lovers.

All for now. After tonight I'm going to collapse into an exhausted heap and recooperate with a heavy dose of reality TV. I was temporarily depressed when American Idol, The Amazing Race and Survivor all came to an end. Thank heavens, my summer leisure time has been saved by the appearance of So You Think You Can Dance, America's Got Talent and the Bachelorette!

Until later,
Gemi

4 comments:

Jack Ramsay said...

Excellent! Just placed my order...but we're right out at the back end of beyond so it'll take a few days to get here.

Can't wait - if it's as good as WDF (and as good as its authonomy sample promised) I'm in for a treat :)

Best of luck with marketing, Gemi, and I hope you enjoy your time off.

N. Gemini Sasson said...

What is this thing you call 'time off', Jack? I think I'll actually be shifting gears instead. Keeps the boredom at bay, you know.

Toby Neal said...

How wonderful Gemi, to be in print! Congrats and all best.
Toby

Shayne Parkinson said...

It looks wonderful, Gemi! Warmest congratulations.