Monday, March 23, 2009

The Inaugural Post (cue Pomp and Circumstance)


Hi All,

Yes, one more blog in cyberspace. Actually this is something I've been meaning to do for months now. What made me wake up and decide today was the day? Meh, boredom maybe? Anywho, I've been stuck in a rut, so why not head in a totally new direction?

So, what's this blog about, you ask. Truth is, I don't really know yet, which is why I'm leaving it wiiiiide open. I thought about something scholarly, like a blog about historical fiction, which is my 'thing', but there are already some great ones out there of which I am in gape-jawed awe over, so I won't even attempt to compete. Besides, I might bore you (and myself) with blather about the drudgery of research. Sometimes it will be about the angst of being a writer (we writers are a miserable lot), sometimes the warm fuzzies (few and far between, but whenever they come I wrap my arms around them in a death grip and hang on). Most of the time, I figure, it'll be about what happens in between the writing, which around here could be anything. For one, I live with eight Australian Shepherds, thus the blog title: My Dog Ate My Manuscript. I can blame the mutts for any distractions or unfinished chapters and they can't talk back or slap me with a lawsuit. Hey, they're smart dogs, but they aren't
that
smart.

Later,
Gemi

No comments: