Monday, August 9, 2010

Free stuff, kind words and news

In conjunction with a lovely review, Historical Novel Review is offering a free signed copy of The Crown in the Heather, The Bruce Trilogy: Book I. Just pop in, mention why you're interested in Robert the Bruce and leave your contact info. You'll be notified if selected and your autographed copy will be zipping on its way to your doorstep!

I'm still getting over the shock of signing books. There's always a moment of, "Who? Me? Are you sure? But why?" Then I remember that this is why I scribbled in solitude all those years, so folks would have something to read that they'd hopefully enjoy for a few hours or days (or weeks sometimes, if you're a slow reader like me).

I'd also like to acknowledge all those thoughtful readers and reviewers who have taken the time to write down a few kind words about my very first book, both at Amazon.com and on their blogs:

Anita Davison at The Disorganized Author (who will be published by MuseItUp Publishing in 2011)

Greta van der Rol (author of Die a Dry Death, about the 17th century wreck of the Batavia off the coast of Australia)

Lisa Yarde at The Brooklyn Scribbler (author of On Falcon's Wings, set in the time of William the Conqueror)

The Crown in the Heather is available in paperback and as a Kindle book, where you'll frequently find it in the top 100 for the category History > Europe > England. That's pretty thrilling (pinch me, please), considering 1) it's in its first month of release on Kindle, and 2) it's stacked up against some perennial powerhouse writers like Alison Weir and Carolly Erickson.

Tomorrow, Aug. 10th, I'll be featured on The Indie Spotlight - Woot woot! Can't wait to see it myself, as I've totally forgotten what I wrote for the interview portion.

For those who've asked when my next book will be out, I'm mad at work on Isabeau, A Novel of Queen Isabella and Sir Roger Mortimer. (If you'd like to take a peek at the awesome cover, it's up on my author web site). It should be available in paperback and on Kindle sometime in early September 2010. Meanwhile, I'll be adding The Crown in the Heather to the Smashwords line-up shortly for those who own other e-readers besides Kindle.

P.S. Historical Novel Review is having a big week and from Aug. 11-15th is also giving away copies of Ann Weisgarber's The Personal History of Rachel DuPree and from the 16-19th a pendant of Catherine de Medici to celebrate the release of C.W. Gortner's The Confessions of Catherine de Medici - so do stop in!

Happy reading,
Gemi

No comments: